Jan 19, 2011

Sake cake

When I visited Ishikawa Brewery, which is making Tamajiman sake, for collecting stamps for the Sake stamp rally the other day, I bought "Daiginjo Cake" at the souvenir shop there. On the carton box, there was a description saying "the cake was aged after being infiltrated by daiginjo sake."



A delicate bouquet well matches the elegant sweetness of the cake.

Today's Sake
Kirinzan Junmaishu (Kirinzan Shuzo)
These days, I often train myself for a sake expert test (sake tasting test) to be held in Niigata in March. I select sakes from the junmai, honjozo, and other similar classes, and sample and compare them. Among them, this Kirinzan Jumaishu is nice, having sweetness of rice.

3 comments:

thesoulofjapan said...

I've tried this in Niigata a few years ago. I like it.

いちべー said...

Tony san,
Oh, good! You tried sake sake?!
No! You tried Kirinzan. Right?

thesoulofjapan said...

Yes. Kirinzan in Tsubame at a sushi shop calledおさかなてい